Nigel Maguire - Senior Associate
Nigel qualified as a solicitor in 1999 and has a wealth of experience and expertise in all issues relating to property management, both legal and commercial.
Areas of expertise include:
- Commercial Leases – advice on tactics and procedure relating to lease renewals including interim rent applications, break notices, application of PACT to 1954 Act proceedings, commercial rent arrears recovery (CRAR), dilapidation claims, forfeiture, enforcement of leasehold covenants and tenant insolvency
- Advice on compulsory purchase procedure and Nationally Significant Important Infrastructure Projects under the Planning Act 2008, application of Section 237 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 to override third party rights
- Enfranchisement – collective and individual
- Advice on farm business tenancies and agricultural holdings.
- Freehold property – title disputes, easements, nuisance, boundaries, adverse possession claims, enforcement of restrictive covenants and rights to light.
Notable cases include:
- Acting on the East Anglia One off shore windfarm nationally significant infrastructure project
- Acting for successful Respondent in recent Court of Appeal case of Baxter v Mannion on the issue of mistake and the jurisdiction of the Adjudicator under the Land Registration Act 2002.
Nigel is a Solicitor Advocate and member of the Property Litigation Association.