Making a Will is all about exercising choice.
Quite simply, it enables you to choose:
- who will benefit from your estate on death
- who to appoint as Guardians of your children (if they are minors)
- who to appoint as Executors to put your affairs in order.
The end result is a document which sets out your wishes on death. However, there is much more to it than this. At its heart, the process of writing a Will provides an opportunity for you to review your circumstances and affairs. This enables you to plan for now and the future.
Our dedicated team are here to help guide you through the process to ensure you prepare the right Will for you.
Why use Ashtons Legal for Wills?
- we provide a friendly, personal service that puts you first
- we work with you to deliver our services in the way you want them – we can prepare your Will by post, by telephone or by appointment
- we are clear up front about the costs involved and offer pricing options to suit you
- we are interested in you, not just your Will because getting to know you enables us to provide advice and services which are tailored to your needs
- we have a wealth of experience and expertise – our team comprises members of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners, Solicitors for the Elderly, and the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
Ashtons Wills Year Initiative
Ashtons Legal have launched their Wills Year initiative where a donation for each Will completed in an entire year will be donated to local charities.
If you die without a Will, the rules of Intestacy will automatically be applied to your estate. The image below shows where your assets will go if you die without a Will (click to enlarge).