We work closely with founders and early-stage expanding companies to help them grow and achieve their ambitions.
Ashtons has market-leading experience in helping emerging businesses and high-growth start-ups navigate a wide range of commercial legal matters. Our lawyers effectively work as your in-house legal team, getting to know you and your business and understand the challenges and opportunities that are faced.
Take a look at our free guide to scaling up your emerging business for an initial idea of how we can help.
We understand the importance of providing a full-service offering to our clients. That’s why our team of lawyers from different practice areas, such as employment, litigation, corporate, and property, work closely with our commercial lawyers to provide a full service to our clients, ensuring that all legal aspects of their business are taken care of.
We can help you with everything from drafting and reviewing contracts to protecting your intellectual property and raising capital.
Our Emerging Companies Services
- Business formation and structuring
- Initial funding and growth
- Intellectual property protection
- Employee share options
- Technology licensing
- Data protection and information law
- Collaboration and research agreements
- Further investment and exits
- Employment and HR
- Commercial property
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Litigation and dispute resolution.
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide practical and commercial advice to our clients. We understand that every business is unique, and we work closely with our clients to understand their specific needs and goals.
Emerging Companies Case Studies
- Advising a bio-plastics start-up on its Series A round from a German fund
- Advising London Health-tech supplier Medical Management Systems on its $4m minority investment from US VC
- Working alongside Norwich incubator Akcela to support their incubated businesses
- Working with Norwich-based Ed-tech start-up Readingmate on its seed round, commercial contracts, and employment matters
- Helping a Cambridge bio-tech start-up with its founder arrangements and seed round
- Advising the founders of conversational AI business ubisend to an Australian PLC
- Helping PBD Biotech secure £3.2m of investment for its ground-breaking tuberculosis testing product.
Contact our Emerging Companies Solicitors
If you need legal assistance in relation to a scale-up or emerging company, please call us on 0330 191 4447, email email@example.com or fill in the enquiry form on the right-hand side of the page, and one of our specialists will be in touch.