Banking & Finance Solicitors
Our banking and finance group is a regionally-based, cross-team group with members from our commercial property, corporate, dispute resolution, agriculture/estates and residential property teams.
The group has a dedicated role representing banks, building societies, venture capitalists, business angels and other providers of finance in a broad spectrum of deals.
The group’s membership of the legal panels of most of the main clearing banks and some of the smaller, so-called challenger banks ensures that we receive a wide range of instructions on deals with loan values of up to £25m. Click here to view a list of our recent transactions.
Specifically, we cover the following areas:
- advising on acquisition and development funding
- advising on security documentation and security reviews
- the enforcement and realisation of securities
- acting for receivers on the disposal of businesses and properties
- preparing and reviewing loan and security documentation for a range of purposes, including company
- acquisitions, refinancing and working capital
- carrying out due diligence on behalf of lenders in respect of a range of corporate and real estate transactions
- including acquisitions, MBOs, MBIs and restructurings
- acting for providers of venture capital funding.
The group manages its relationships with its banking clients and their valuers by means of regular review meetings, which often include training on current legal and practice issues. Key to all of these relationships is reciprocity, be it through deposits, client referrals or access to training and secondments.