Simon Cunningham - Partner
Simon is a Partner in our Agriculture and Estates team. He acts for farmers, landowners, and agricultural businesses.
Simon has worked in East Anglia for over 20 years and has a solid knowledge of all aspects of property law.
Due to his expertise in acting for a wide variety of rural businesses and a diverse client base, Simon is able to identify issues and solutions quickly.
Simon’s practical and creative approach allows him to provide advice from a commercial perspective as well as understanding the underlying agricultural businesses and the issues which may affect their property and business.
He advises on a broad range of property related matters including:
- Sales and Acquisitions of farms and land;
- Agricultural Landlord & Tenant work both commercial and residential;
- Estate Management including farming arrangements, occupational and third party rights;
- Diversification Projects including Energy generation projects.
Simon also heads up our Rural Energy Team and has been involved in a number of projects across the Region and nationally. He has developed expertise in acting for Landowners and Developers and projects in which Simon has been involved include:
- Dealing with options and leases of over 1,500 acres of developed solar projects amounting to in excess of 250 mws of electricity generation;
- Negotiation and completion of options and subsequent leases for anaerobic digestion projects together with supplemental agreements including feedstock and digestate arrangements;
- Developing bespoke precedent documents for property occupation and management of energy projects, including solar, anaerobic digestion, gas to grid and wind.
He is a Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association and a member of the Country Land & Business Association and Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association.