Immigration law has become stricter, particularly in the wake of Brexit. It is vital that you get things right to protect your business and your employees. Having specialist legal advice can help you avoid common pitfalls and comply with your legal obligations.
Our business immigration lawyers hold a sound knowledge of immigration processes and can advise how to make them work best for you. We partner with our clients closely to understand their immediate needs and their long-term plans. This enables us to provide pragmatic advice on the steps required and when to fast-track processes.
For a free initial conversation with our expert business immigration solicitors for employer clients, please complete our online enquiry form or contact your local branch in Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Ipswich, Leeds or Norwich.
How our business immigration solicitors can help
Our Business Immigration team advise employers on a wide range of business immigration matters, including:
- Sponsor Licence Applications/Renewals
- Visa Applications/Renewals/Switching – for skilled workers and temporary workers
- Overstayers/Section 3C leave
- Immigration Business Planning
- Immigration considerations when buying/selling/merging
- Reporting and record-keeping duties
- Day-to-day management of immigration responsibilities
Who our business immigration solicitors can help
Our client base covers many sectors, including, most recently:
- Public Affairs
Our specialist immigration lawyers are also experienced employment lawyers, who are supported by a team of HR Consultants. We are therefore well-equipped to provide advice to employers on the lead-up, application, implementation and ongoing immigration requirements for those workers who require permission to join your team.
Why Ashtons Legal is the smart choice for business immigration law advice
Our team offers a complete service to cover all your needs, from specific advice about obtaining and holding a Sponsorship Licence to ongoing immigration business strategy and risk management.
As a firm, we have a broad range of legal expertise. We work closely with other specialist teams – such as our Employment Law team and our Corporate team – to enrich our clients’ experiences and go above and beyond in the service we provide.
We pride ourselves not just on our legal expertise, but our commercial acumen, which we have developed over years of working closely with businesses across East Anglia, the East of England, the East Midlands, the North East and beyond.
Avoid immigration law mistakes and pitfalls
Obtaining the right Sponsor Licence and managing your immigration law responsibilities takes time and business resources. Common pitfalls that businesses encounter include:
- Making mistakes that lead to applications for Sponsor Licences being completed incorrectly or delays in a Sponsor Licence being granted
- Having a Sponsor Licence refused, revoked or suspended
- Failing to check an employee’s right to work or accidentally employing illegal workers
There can be serious penalties for failing to comply with immigration rules, including large fines and possible criminal repercussions for employing illegal workers.
These types of mistakes can easily be avoided by seeking specialist legal advice. In particular, if you are new to hiring overseas workers, you should absolutely make sure that you take legal advice to avoid making mistakes.
We have worked with many businesses across a wide range of sectors, so we are familiar with the complex and ever-changing requirements of immigration law. We will:
- Make sure that you fully understand your immigration law obligations
- Guide you through immigration applications and processes, ensuring no mistakes are made
- Save you time and money by taking much of the legal legwork off your hands
Contact our business immigration solicitors today
For a free initial conversation with our expert business immigration solicitors, complete our online enquiry form or contact your local branch in Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Ipswich, Leeds or Norwich.