Emily Dixon - Solicitor
Emily is a Solicitor in the Employment team.
Prior to qualification, Emily studied her undergraduate law degree at the University of Southampton, which involved spending one year on exchange at the University of Hong Kong, and completed the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law (Bloomsbury) achieving a Distinction.
Emily joined Ashtons Legal in October 2017 and qualified as a Solicitor in the Employment team in March 2020 after gaining experience in Construction, Agriculture & Estates and Dispute Resolution. She is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA).
Emily advises both employers and employees on a range of contentious and non-contentious employment law matters, including:
- Advising on settlement agreements;
- Disciplinary, grievance and sickness absence issues;
- Employment tribunal claims, including unfair dismissal, constructive unfair dismissal, discrimination and wages claims;
- Drafting and negotiating settlement and COT3 agreements;
- Advising on restrictive covenants and confidentiality obligations;
- TUPE transfers within corporate transactions;
- Employment status, employment contracts and handbooks, and variation to contract exercises.