Ashtons Legal knows the landscape of East Anglia well. Our Agriculture Solicitors have been helping many of the regions agricultural businesses both large and small for a long time. It is in our blood.
Farms and estates are much more than businesses. They are homes and often financial centres for extended families. Understanding both the commercial and the cultural aspects of farming and the wider agricultural sector is essential background to providing an effective legal service.
Our agriculture lawyers cover all aspects of the law relating to farmers, landowners and agri-business and we aim to deliver practical, legal solutions in a professional and timely manner.
Our team have specific expertise in:
- Specialist Farm Partnerships tied into Inheritance Tax (IHT) planning and succession planning for farming families and businesses and diversified sections of those businesses
- Specialist farm land sales and purchase, all sizes, from whole villages to one-off fields
- Specialist development work for farmers with land being sold for development, including promotion and option and overage arrangements
- Specialist agricultural tenancy and occupancy advice, including from July 2016 preparing various farm business tenancies for specialist land management companies and their clients
- Energy creation, energy transfer and storage advice, leases, options and feed stock agreements, as well as bespoke documents for energy producing firms, including their standard operating and financing agreements
- Specialist general agricultural property advice, including easements and estate management advice
- Footpath and rights of way advice
- Agricultural business re-organisation
- Providing (in the last 12 months) over 20 in-house and external specialist agricultural and environmental law updates; and to various agricultural and commercial haulage organisations to clients, land agents, accountants, banks and professional bodies; including Suffolk FWAG; the SAA; the CLA; the TFA; and IAgSA
- Providing specialist consultancy advice for, and receiving referrals from, other non-specialist firms of solicitors on specific technical agricultural matters.
Our lawyers are members of the Agricultural Law Association, Cambridgeshire branch of the Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust (GWCT), CLA, Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association, and NFU. Jonathan Long, Head of Agriculture & Estates at Ashtons Legal, is also a panel solicitor for Eastern Region of Tenant Farmers’ Association, vice president of Suffolk Agricultural Association, and Honorary Legal Adviser to Suffolk Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs.
Click here to find out more about the organisations and events our Agricultural Solicitors support.
Agricultural News – Read our articles on Renewable Energy and Ashtons involvement in the relaunch of the Agricultural Law Association in the East.