Rebecca Dixon - Solicitor
Becky is a Solicitor in the Lifetime Planning Team
Becky has experience in all aspects of Private Client work including:
- Wills, succession and asset protection;
- Inheritance Tax advice;
- Probate and administration of estates after death;
- Lasting Powers of Attorney and Enduring Powers of Attorney;
- Care home fee planning;
- Trust creation and administration; and
- Court of Protection work including deputyship applications, statutory Will applications and administration of deputyships.
Becky has particular expertise in relation to Universal Wealth Preservation (also known as Universal Asset Protection) and other Asset Protection Trusts and has advised clients and solicitors across the country in relation to:
- removing trustees who are no longer acting and are uncontactable;
- assigning properties into the names of trustees chosen by the client;
- advice on advantages and disadvantages of trusts and whether the aims of the client are likely to be achieved by the trusts; and
- advice on tax implications of lifetime trusts.
Becky qualified as a solicitor in January 2018 and before joining Ashtons Legal, worked at a medium regional firm in Ipswich and a leading national law firm in Worcester. Becky has a Law Degree, Master in Law with commendation and Diploma in Professional Practice with distinction; all from Nottingham Law School.
Becky has over 5 years’ experience in Private Client Law, is a full member of Solicitors for the Elderly, an affiliate member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), a registered Dementia Friend and a Dignity Champion. Becky is working towards her STEP Trusts and Estates Diploma.
Becky has been described by clients as friendly, patient and caring and was referenced in Legal 500 with a client saying: “Rebecca Dixon was particularly helpful and dealt with us on a professional but down to earth basis”.
Becky enjoys assisting clients by providing clear, pragmatic advice and reassurance and prides herself on her personable, compassionate and ‘plain English’ approach.
In her spare time, Becky enjoys spending time with her two rescue dogs, sailing on the East Coast and running.