Lisa Downey - Chartered Legal Executive
Lisa is a Chartered Legal Executive in our Employment Law team.
She is experienced in:
- drafting contracts of employment and staff handbook policies
- advising on capability, sickness and performance management issues
- advising on redundancy and restructuring procedures, including TUPE
- advising on grievance and dismissal procedures
- preparing and advising settlement agreements and COT3 agreements, as well as assisting with settlement negotiations
- dealing with employment tribunal claims.
Lisa historically advised businesses on delivering their growth ambitions, with a focus on people development and analysing the dynamics between how employees interact with each other and the business. Since pursuing a career in law, Lisa has experience working with a variety of businesses and individuals on a wide range of employment law and HR services.
Lisa is a member of CILEx.
Lisa takes a pragmatic approach to guiding employers and employees through the complexities of HR and employment law issues. Lisa takes the time to understand the needs of her clients in order to advise them in the best possible way which is commercial, cost-effective and tailored to their needs.
Lisa enjoys working in employment law, as unlike some other areas, it has a uniquely human quality to it.
Outside of work, Lisa has two young children and enjoys time with her family.