Jasdeep Rai - Associate
Jasdeep is an experienced solicitor who specialises in resolving complex commercial and property disputes.
Jasdeep has gained experience in several commercial law firms with strong commercial disputes departments. He was most recently with a Tier 1 (regional) ranked Legal 500 firm with a central London base. Before that, he was with a Tier 2 (regional) ranked Legal 500 firm, where he was promoted to Associate.
Alongside his commercial disputes practice, Jasdeep also handles property disputes. He was previously a lawyer with HM Land Registry and gained valuable knowledge of property law which complements his property disputes practice. He is one of only a few lawyers in private practice to have a HM Land Registry legal background.
He is a tactical and strategic thinker and is prepared to deploy an aggressive approach where required.
His commercial disputes specialisms include:
- Contract disputes
- Commercial disputes
- Professional negligence
- Shareholder/Director disputes.
His property disputes specialisms include:
- Boundary disputes
- Easements/rights of way disputes
- Adverse possession disputes
- Rectification claims against HM Land Registry
- Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 (TOLATA) disputes.
Recent cases he has been involved in include:
- Successfully acted for a Claimant in a dispute with two Defendants over oral and written loan agreements, securing a c£300,000 judgment following a successful four day trial. Indemnity costs awarded
- Successfully acted for a group of disappointed beneficiaries under a Will in bringing a professional negligence claim against a large commercial law firm for c£250,000
- Successfully acted for a well-known social media influencer in defending a breach of contract claim by an agent and advancing a successful counterclaim
- Successfully defended two Executors in an unjust enrichment (restitution) / breach of trust/tracing claim for c£300,00 by a government department
- Successfully defended several individuals in a defamation/malicious falsehood/economic tort claim advanced by a company
- Successfully acted for a company in removing an obstruction over its right of way
- Acted for a commercial land owner in a complex boundary dispute involving adverse possession, prescriptive easements and careful consideration of historical land deeds
- Successfully acted for a residential management company in aggressively pursuing several homeowners for service charge arrears and securing full legal costs from those homeowners.
Jasdeep is a member of the Leicestershire Law Society.