If you work in the NHS, Police or Fire Service or are a care worker, we’d like to help you.
The current uncertain situation is prompting many people to make or update their Will. If this is something you feel you should do, we’d like to make it as quick and easy as possible for you, and your partner if you have one, to get your Will drafted and signed.
By using Ashtons to help with this, you can be certain that the result will be a Will made having received proper legal advice, and with the necessary steps taken to make sure your Will is definitely valid. This will be done at a heavily discounted price.
Our key workers Will offer
- Appointments carried out via FaceTime, WhatsApp or Microsoft Teams, to suit you
- Appointment times between 7am and 10 pm from Monday to Friday
- Weekend appointments between 8am and 6pm
- Prices will be heavily discounted just for you to £250 +VAT for a simple single Will and £375 + VAT for a simple double Will
- If your circumstances are more complicated, we will discuss with you a discount on our normal rates
- We also offer to prepare and register Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs) and Advance Decisions (‘Living Wills’) at a 50% discount on our standard rates.
Where do I start?
Our offer to you can be carried out following these six simple steps:
- Please download this form and fill it in as far as you are able to – it doesn’t matter if there are a few gaps as we can discuss these during the appointment.
- Then email it and a scan of two forms of identification (unless you are already a recent Ashtons client and we have this on file) to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of which days of the week or times of day would be best for you for a virtual appointment. We will then get back to you to agree on an appointment day and time. We are able to accept NHS or Police identity cards as a form of photo identification as well as passports and driving licences. We need a second item such as a bank statement which confirms your home address.
- During the virtual meeting, we will discuss any provisions which arise from your questionnaire; you will be asked to confirm that you definitely wish to proceed and we will confirm the cost.
- Shortly after our meeting, we will prepare your Will and email it to you for approval before we produce the final version.
- During those same few days, we will ask you to pay for the service using our online payment facility.
- Once the final version has been agreed, we will explain to you the legal requirements for signing the Will and can guide you through the process through an additional video conference, so you will have peace of mind that your affairs are in order.