Have you been injured while cycling?
If you’ve been involved in a cycling accident which left you needing medical help, it is likely that you may be entitled to compensation. Depending on the nature of the injury and its future implications, you could be eligible for several different things:
- the injury itself – the amount will vary greatly depending on which part of the body or mind is affected and whether it is a long-term or a short-term problem
- loss of earnings, including overtime – either while you are recovering, or if it becomes necessary to change job as a result of your injury
- replacement of possessions such as your bike and technical clothing if these were damaged
- the cost of paying someone else to do the things that you normally do yourself while you are recovering
- the loss of enjoyment suffered as a result of not being able to cycle, if you cycle for sport or pleasure.
It is wise to use a solicitor who has extensive experience of cycle claims as there are a range of slightly different issues to those arising in a standard road traffic accident involving two cars. Our team has worked with cyclists, tri-athletes and ultra marathon runners.
Please call us free on the number below for individual advice.