Residential Conveyancing Pricing Example 5
Scenario – Re-mortgage of a freehold residential property for joint owners costing £350,000.00
Estimated total costs for this scenario broken down as follows: £800
Our fees cover all of the work* required to complete your remortgage.
Conveyancer’s fees and disbursements (all prices include vat where applicable at 20%)
- Ashtons Legal fee – £540
- Bank transfer administration fee (if applicable) – £36
- Local Search/Search Indemnity (if required by Lender) – £180
- Copies of Land Registry entries (“Office Copies”) – £20
- Other/minor disbursements e.g. Land Charges Searches – £24
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees or Search fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Referral fee (if any)
This is not an additional cost payable by you. In some circumstances it is a commercial cost payable by us to the firm who referred you to us. Full information will be contained in the initial letter we send you which confirms our instructions and full details of our fees etc, including the amount of any referral fee we may have paid. In this example we have assumed that you have approached us via an Estate Agent with whom we have an agreement to pay £50 per case referred.
- Amount of referral fee paid – £50
- Recipient of referral fee XYZ Estate Agents Ltd.
How long will my re-mortgage take?
This will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 5 – 7 weeks. It can be quicker or slower, depending on the lender .
Stages of the process
These are some key stages in the life of the transaction. Click here to find out more from our ‘Expertise in moving home’ brochure.
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Obtain further planning documentation if required
- Give you advice on all documents and information received
- Send final contract to you for signature
- Agree completion date (date from which you own the property)
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from the lender
- Contact any existing lender and liaise re all aspects of redeeming any existing mortgages
- Complete re-mortgage.
Please note, if a Transfer of Equity element is involved you will need to contact us for an individual quotation.