Residential Conveyancing Pricing Example 4
Scenario – Sale of a leasehold residential property for joint owners costing £350,000.00
Estimated total costs for this scenario broken down as follows: £1156
Our fees cover all of the work* required to complete the sale of your home.
Conveyancer’s fees and disbursements (all prices include vat where applicable at 20%)
- Ashtons Legal fee – £1080
- Bank transfer administration fee (if applicable) – £36
- Copies of Land Registry entries (“Office Copies”) – £40
- Total: £1156
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees or Search fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Referral fee (if any)
This is not an additional cost payable by you. In some circumstances it is a commercial cost payable by us to the firm who referred you to us. Full information will be contained in the initial letter we send you which confirms our instructions and full details of our fees etc, including the amount of any referral fee we may have paid. In this example we have assumed that you have approached us via an estate Agent with whom we have an agreement to pay £50 per case referred.
- Amount of referral fee paid – £50
- Recipient of referral fee XYZ Estate Agents Ltd.
How long will my house sale take?
This will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 8 – 10 weeks.
It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain. If there are more parties in the chain it could take significantly longer, between 3 and 4 months.
Stages of the process
These are some key stages in the life of the transaction. Please click here to find out more.
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Obtain further planning documentation if required
- Give you advice on all documents and information received
- Send final contract to you for signature
- Agree completion date (date from which you own the property)
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from purchaser
- Contact any existing lender and liaise re all aspects of redeeming any existing mortgages
- Complete sale.