Scenario – Purchase of a freehold new build residential property for joint owners (first-time buyers) costing £299,000.00
Estimated total costs for this scenario broken down as follows: £2,357.60*
Our fees cover all of the work* required to complete the purchase of your new home, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (Stamp Duty) if the property is in England or Land Transaction Tax (Land Tax) if the property you wish to buy is in Wales.
Conveyancer’s fees and disbursements (all prices include vat where applicable at 20%)
- Ashtons Legal fee – £1,194
- Search fees – £350 (approx.)
- Ashtons Legal fees for Help to Buy ISA (if applicable, per ISA) – £60
- Lifetime ISA (if applicable, per LISA) – £114
- Ashtons Legal Fee for Help to Buy scheme administration – £120 (where applicable)
- HM Land Registry fee – £270
- Bank transfer administration fee – £36
- Stamp Duty or Land Tax filing fee – £9.60
- Other/minor disbursements, e.g. Land Charges Searches – £24
- Engrossment fee (not charged by Ashtons, levied by the developer’s solicitors where applicable) – £180 (approx.)
This example assumes that you are first-time buyers and meet the SDLT requirements for relief in that respect.
*Our fee assumes that this is a standard transaction and the terms of our “Presumptions” and “Exclusions” of a typical transaction apply.