Our Ashtons Legal family law team recognise the complications that can arise from family matters, particularly where children are concerned. Our solicitors will always approach your situation with the utmost sensitivity, carefully listening to your situation so we can provide tailored advice and assistance to acquire the best achievable outcome that you are satisfied with.
Our Family Law team at Ashtons Legal is acknowledged as experts, recognised for our dedication to providing top-quality service by the Legal 500, having ranked Tier 2 and Band 2 by Chambers & Partners.
Our team have considerable experience in alternative dispute resolution, including negotiation and collaborative law. We can also support clients who choose to use an external mediator. We will handle matters in a constructive and non-confrontational way, removing the need for contentious and time-consuming court proceedings.
Our Cambridge family lawyers can help you with:
- Financial settlements
- Children law (including international child abduction)
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Cohabitation disputes
- Pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements
- Domestic abuse.
How we can help with family law advice in Cambridge
Divorce & separation
Whether you’re dealing with a divorce or separation, it can be a stressful situation to cope with. Often, you’re left with feelings of dread and uncertainty over what the next steps are with regards to shared assets, individual assets and if any shared children are involved.
Our divorce and separation solicitors are experts in this field and will provide clear, realistic advice you can trust. We are trained in all aspects of alternative dispute resolution and can support you through negotiations with your ex-partner and their solicitor. Where ADR methods are not appropriate, we have a strong track record of successful court litigation.
Our divorce and separation expertise includes:
- Divorce proceedings
- Divorce financial settlements
- Child arrangements
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Separation agreements
- Separation for unmarried couples.
Where legal matters involve children, they can be complicated and a sensitive matter for all involved. As a parent, you only want the best for your child, and our Cambridge family law solicitors will tirelessly fight your corner to achieve the best results for you and your child. We can assist with more straightforward matters to those that are more complex.
Our child law expertise includes:
- Negotiating child arrangements during divorce & separation
- Seeking Child Arrangements Orders through the courts
- Suspending contact between a parent and child at risk
- Reinstating contact between children and parents
- Child abduction (including international child abduction)
Learn more about our children law services.
Unlike married or civil partnership couples, cohabitating couples do not have the same legal rights or protection. Where there is a breakdown of a relationship, this can cause complications.
Our family lawyers can assist unmarried couples, either during or after their relationship. We have considerable experience creating and using cohabitation agreements, which will provide certainty over what will happen in the event of a breakup.
Our family law advice for unmarried couples includes:
- Creating cohabitation agreements
- Separation for unmarried couples
- The use of cohabitation agreements during separation.
Learn more about our cohabitation services.
Pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements
Whilst marriage can seem romantic and a blessing, divorce is frequently becoming more common. Where individuals have substantial assets, precautions should be in place in the event of a divorce to help reduce conflict and protect individual assets.
Our solicitors have helped many clients with pre-nuptial agreements prior to marriage and post-nuptial agreements post-marriage. We are highly experienced and will provide specialist advice and guidance to ensure no mistakes are made.
Our pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements expertise includes:
- Drafting pre-nuptial agreements & post-nuptial agreements
- Independent advice on a pre-nuptial agreement or post-nuptial agreement you have been asked to sign
- Updating pre-nuptial agreements & post-nuptial agreements
- The application of pre-nuptial agreements & post-nuptial agreements during divorce.
Learn more about our pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreement services.
Domestic abuse can sometimes take years to recognise, often hidden in various forms. Where you are a victim of domestic abuse, seeking legal advice and assistance is a must for the safety of you, any children, and your loved ones.
Our solicitors will take the time to understand your situation, provide you with appropriate options as well as provide personal support throughout. We understand how hard it can be to reach out, and that’s why we will always take a sensitive approach. We have helped many victims over the years remove abusers from your home, as well as prevent further contact with you or your family.
Our domestic abuse expertise includes:
- Non-molestation orders
- Occupation orders
- Divorce proceedings
- The protection of children.
Learn more about our domestic abuse services.
Why choose our family law solicitors in Cambridge?
Our team of family lawyers offer:
- Years of combined specialist experience in family law
- A quick and convenient service
- Swift response times – we will always aim to respond in a timely manner
- A range of flexible payment plans to suit you and your needs.
Our top-quality family law service is reflected through frequent recognition, such as:
- Ranked Tier 2 for Family Law by the Legal 500
- Ranked Band 2 by Chambers & Partners
- Most of the Ashtons Legal family law solicitors are members of Resolution, the UK’s leading network for family lawyers.
Our family law fees
At Ashtons Legal, we provide a range of payment costs specified to your situation, including:
- Fixed fees – where matters are straightforward, such as drafting a divorce petition
- Bespoke fees – where matters are more complicated and will require ongoing support
- Deferred fee agreements – where a financial agreement is processing.
Before agreeing on a payment plan, we will discuss your circumstances so that we choose a plan that best reflects the case, the level of expertise required and the complexity of it. We will always aim to choose an option that best suits you and your needs, as well as one that keeps costs reasonable.