We have advised a number of schools on the challenges associated with converting to academy status.
Our work in this area has included putting new governance structures in place, dealing with an array of property and funding issues, and working out strategies with Heads and Governors to minimise staff resistance to conversion.
The Education team deals with a wide range of issues, including:
- employment reorganisations and redundancies
- performance issues sickness and absenteeism
- disciplinary matters
- Employment Tribunal disputes
- discrimination issues
- TUPE recruitment issues
- disputes with students / pupils and parents
- exclusions and appeals
- disputes over fees.
- leasehold property
- transfers of property, both freehold and leasehold
- restrictive covenants.
Disputes with third parties
- assisting with disputes concerning the provision of goods and services
- dealing with disputes arising out of construction contracts.
Other regulatory issues
- health and safety
- data protection.
If you would like to meet with one of our partners to discuss whether we can be of assistance to you, please contact Magnus McManus on 01223 4310856 or email firstname.lastname@example.org