From its offices at the heart of Cambridge, Ashtons Legal has almost 100 years experience in advising higher education institutions. Its clients include several Cambridge colleges.
The Education team deals with a wide range of issues including:
- reorganisations and redundancies
- performance issues
- sickness and absenteeism
- disciplinary matters
- Employment Tribunal disputes
- discrimination issues
- recruitment issues.
Disputes with students
- disputes subject to the jurisdiction of the University Visitor
- other disputes in relation to admission and exclusion.
- leasehold property
- transfers of property, both freehold and leasehold
- restrictive covenants.
Disputes with third parties
- assisting with disputes concerning the provision of goods and services
- dealing with disputes arising out of construction contracts.
Other regulatory issues
- health and safety
- data protection.