Here are some examples of our recent and current mesothelioma and other asbestos related disease claims.
- Mr E from Norfolk was diagnosed with mesothelioma but sadly passed away within a week of Phoebe Osborne securing his witness evidence. The claim against was pursued against his former employer as a result of exposure to asbestos whilst working within the building trade. The claim was successfully proven and settled within 12 months of Phoebe’s instruction for £150,000. The widow and family are incredibly grateful for the caring and compassion nature of their Solicitor and are grateful for the financial peace of mind this swift settlement achieved.
- Mr W’s wife from Norfolk contacted Phoebe Osborne at Ashtons Legal two and a half years after losing her husband to mesothelioma. The deceased mesothelioma claim was issued protectively at Court as it was close to the three year limitation period and Phoebe worked diligently obtaining supportive evidence from the deceased’s family and former co-workers about his exposure to asbestos. The claim settled for £200,000 and sums were recovered for the local hospice for the care that they provided to Mr W.
- Mr T from Suffolk contacted Ashtons Legal after being diagnosed with mesothelioma. Unfortunately the company that he worked for had gone out of business 40 years ago. Phoebe submitted a Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme (DMPS) application as this was the only option available after several failed employers liability insurance searches. Phoebe ensured that all of the relevant information was given to the scheme providers and a tariff award was made quickly and Mr T and his family were pleased to receive settlement during his lifetime.
- Phoebe Osborne recently obtained a settlement on a provisional damages basis for a gentleman suffering Pleural Thickening, who was exposed to asbestos whilst working as a retained firefighter for Suffolk Fire Service. The claim was fiercely defended and settled three weeks before trial at the Royal Courts of Justice. Phoebe was tireless in her pursuit of evidence in support of the fact that the Fire Service did not provide sufficient respiratory protection for their firefighters and retained firemen who were raking through the debris at many industrial and factory fires.
- Richard Foyster of Ashtons Legal obtained settlement of £277,000 for a Norfolk man who had regular exposure to asbestos in his working environment over 40 years ago who was diagnosed with mesothelioma. The sufferer was aware of the exposure and kept good records of where he was working and the claim was expedited quickly.
- Richard Foyster of Ashtons Legal assisted Mr M from Suffolk who died from mesothelioma aged 70 following exposure to asbestos at RAF Sculthorpe whilst working alongside the USA Air Force. A substantial interim payment was obtained within five months of diagnoses and a settlement of £200,000 was obtained for his widow and estate following a successful claim against the Ministry of Defence.
- A substantial six figure settlement was obtained by Richard Foyster for the estate of a Cambridge Professor who died in his 50s following unexpected diagnoses of mesothelioma. It was successfully proven that he contracted mesothelioma as a result of working at the Cambridge University within the field station breeding ladybirds for research purposes.
- Mr M, a retired BT Engineer, was diagnosed with mesothelioma in September 2018. Martyn Hayward sent a letter of claim to BT in October 2018. BT admitted liability in April 2019, only six months after Martyn was instructed. An interim payment on behalf of Mr M was secured for £50,000.
- Martyn Hayward has recently secured judgement for Ms A after she contracted mesothelioma from washing her husband’s work clothes. Mr A was employed by the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham as a caretaker. The local authority defended the claim and so court proceedings were issued. As a recent hearing, Ms A was immediately awarded an interim payment of £50,000. The case continues for damages to be assessed at a later date.