The Ashtons Legal Regulatory Team can guide you through any potential or actual investigation. To do that we always like to be involved at as early a stage as possible if something goes wrong or might go awry.
What would you do if:
- your business made a mistake or an accident or incident occurred where the law had been broken or may have been broken?
- you received a letter stating your business and you were under investigation?
- your business was asked to be interviewed formally about regulatory offences?
- your business or you were prosecuted as a result of any investigation?
If you are looking for assistance with these matters – now or in the future – our Regulatory Team can help your business.
Regulatory Law covers all the rules and regulations that we have to follow as businesses and individuals. If those rules and regulations are broken there can be an investigation and a prosecution.
It can be traumatic. It can be fatal for businesses or for a career. It could lead to huge criminal or civil penalties or worse.
Things can go wrong for a number of reasons:
- incorrect or absence of licence/permit required
- lack of management systems
- lack of knowledge of the law
- lack of training or keeping up-to-date
- ‘fire-fighting’ rather than proactive ‘preventive dentistry
The Ashtons Legal Regulatory Team can guide you through any potential or actual investigation. To do that we always like to be involved at as early a stage as possible if something goes wrong or might go awry. That is important.
We can advise you about interviews with enforcement agencies and how to approach them: with HSE, Environment Agency, HMRC, police, trading standards – whoever it may be.
We can then represent you in court or in other types of disciplinary tribunals or licensing committees.
We will always seek to get you the best possible outcome.
So contact us if you have a problem but also contact us anyway if you want to avoid problems and need advice about how to comply with regulations in your area of work.
We will be delighted to help you and your business and look forward to hearing from you.
- Road transport (goods, passenger and taxis)
- Health and Safety
- Food safety regulation
- Food/alcohol premises licensing
- GDPR / data protection
- New technology /automotive
- Other criminal law and road traffic
Summary: how we can help
- advice after any accident or incident
- help through any under investigation
- court/tribunal representation
- preventative advice