We are pleased to deliver live and on-demand webinars so you can watch at your convenience.
Please browse our webinars below and click on the topic you would like to watch.
Upcoming Live Webinars
Farm succession planning during the COVID-19 crisis – 29 October at 5pm till 6pm
The end goal of any farm succession plan is to take care of the family and bring them together while making sure that the business continues to thrive. This is the gold standard but what real challenges do families encounter across the UK when going through this process? What can be done to smooth the path and keep everything on track and on side? Agricultural law specialist, Jeanette Dennis, is a guest speaker and panellist on this Farmers Weekly webinar to discuss the many aspects of succession and address some of the key issues:
- Speaking to your family plainly and truthfully is a skill. Learn how to open the discussion, ask the right questions, negotiate and find appropriate ways of communicating
- It’s important to plan for but not to be driven by tax considerations
- Take stock of the health of the farm business before you start the journey
- Think of all possible avenues to succession – there may be solutions that are not immediately obvious
- Succession is about far more than transferring assets– clear plans should also be for a successful and practical handover.
A COVID-19 Employment Law Update – 11 November at 11.15am
Nadine Blandin from Hays Recruitment, Claire Sleep from Ashtons Legal’s Employment Law team and Lucy Pakes from Ashtons HR Consulting are hosting a free webinar to discuss the recent employment law changes including the new Job Support Scheme and continuation of the Job Retention Scheme following the end of Furlough. We will also be looking at contract variations and redundancies.
Relocating to France Virtual Summit – Recorded on 9 October.
Lasting Powers of Attorney – Recorded on 2 October.
Planning ahead with French Inheritance Law – Recorded on 2 July
HR & Employment Law Update – Recorded on 30 June
Hot Topics for Farms and Estates – Recorded on 23 June 2020
Furlough Scheme Update: Changes to the Scheme from 1 July 2020 – Recorded on 15 June 2020
Furlough leave: Online training with live Q&A – Recorded on 28 May 2020
Road transport & logistics: Health & safety / furloughing during COVID-19 – Recorded on 21 May 2020
Returning to work in a COVID-19 era: a Q&A – Recorded on 14 May 2020
COVID-19: Road transport operator update – Recorded on 5 May 2020