We at Ashtons Legal are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.ashtonslegal.co.uk ("our site"). We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
2. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
3. Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
4. Information that you provide to us during the course of any work that we may carry out on your behalf.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. To do this we use ‘analytical’ cookies.
Protecting any personal data you share with us is a priority and we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access by outside parties. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore transmission is at your own risk.
Uses of information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. To ensure that our site’s content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
2. To provide you by post or email with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
3. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
4. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
5. To notify you by post or email about changes to our service.
6. To carry out or process any instructions given by you to us.
7. To pass information about you to Ashtons Legal Financial Planning LLP, whose representatives may contact you by post or email with information about services that you request or which they feel may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us or Ashtons Legal Financial Planning LLP to use your data in this way, or to pass your details for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. We will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any other third parties:
1. If the business of Ashtons Legal or any part of it or any of its assets are sold or transferred to a third party, in which case we may disclose your personal data to such third party and your personal data may be one of the transferred assets.
2. If any business or assets are sold by or transferred by a third party to Ashtons Legal we may disclose your personal data to such third party.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such use by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including Ashtons Legal Financial Planning LLP). If you follow a link to any of these websites, these will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Access for information
The Data Protection Act 1988 (“the Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Ashtons Legal Solicitors (a partnership) whose principal office is at Fairstead House, 7 Bury Road, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 3PL.